The Graduate School is pleased to support the professional development of graduate students by providing Conference Travel Grants to both master’s and doctoral students on the Main Campus and at the Medical Center.
These grants may be used toward travel and other expenses associated with participation in a professional meeting, and may be requested in advance or retroactive one semester.
Number of Awards Available: Approximately 70, depending on individual award amounts
Maximum Award: $500Back to Top
- Doctoral and master’s students only
- Student must have received an official invitation to present a paper or poster, or to participate in a panel discussion at the conference indicated
- Support is only for travel to major academic conferences, excluding graduate student-organized conferences
- One conference travel award per student, per academic year
- Fall 2023: 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, October 7, 2023
- Spring 2024: 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, February 10, 2024
Required Application Materials
- Online Application
- Official invitation to participate in the conference (e.g., letter of invitation, web page with student’s name as a participant)
- One-page statement of travel plans and relevance to thesis or dissertation completion
- Travel budget of projected costs or incurred costs if retroactive
- Department funding statement on travel support, if any, that will be provided to help defray the cost of attendance
- One (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member (e.g., a thesis advisor or Director of Graduate Studies) no more than one-page in length submitted separately by the faculty member**
**It is the student-applicant’s responsibility to ensure timely submission of the letter of support.Back to Top
The completed application must be submitted electronically by the relevant competition deadlines.
Letters of support should be submitted separately to GSASGradResearch@georgetown.edu.Back to Top
Review & Award
Completed applications received by each deadline will be reviewed by a committee consisting of two to three members of the Graduate Research Steering Committee and the Associate Director of Graduate Fellowships and Awards.
Decisions will be emailed to each applicant’s Georgetown email address. Awards will be processed through Accounts Payable and paid directly to recipients in accordance with university policies.Back to Top
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to Top