Graduate Programs Listing
The Georgetown University Graduate School of Arts & Sciences offers Ph.D., Professional Doctorate, Master's, and Certificate level programs in over 60 discipline areas.
Learn more about Georgetown University’s world-class academic offerings across three campuses and nine schools. Georgetown’s graduate and professional programs provide students with the theoretical knowledge and practical skills to make a positive difference in the world. Click for our overview summary of these world-class academic programs.
Please review your program of interest below for admissions and program requirements.
*Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Concentration in Cognitive Science Available
The first of such concentrations is Cognitive Science which can be pursued in conjunction with several of our existing Ph.D. programs (currently, Linguistics, Philosophy, Psychology, Spanish-Linguistics, and Neuroscience).
For more information, please see the Interdisciplinary Ph.D. Concentration in Cognitive Science (ICCS) page.
Professional Doctoral Programs
Master’s Degree Programs
- Aging & Health M.S.
- Analytics M.S.
- Applied Economics M.A.
- Arab Studies M.A.
- Arabic and Islamic Studies Ph.D., M.A.
- Art & Museum Studies M.A.
- Asian Studies M.A.
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology Ph.D., M.S.
- Biohazardous Threat Agents & Emerging Infectious Diseases M.S., Certificate
- Bioinformatics M.S.
- Biomedical Science Policy & Advocacy M.S.
- Biostatistics Ph.D., M.S., Certificate
- Biotechnology M.S.
- Catholic Clinical Ethics M.A., Certificate
- Clinical & Translational Research M.S.
- Communication, Culture & Technology M.A.
- Computer Science Ph.D., M.S.
- Conflict Resolution M.A.
- Data Science for Public Policy M.S.
- Economics Ph.D., M.S.
- Educational Transformation M.A.
- Engaged Public Humanities M.A. (coming soon)
- English M.A.
- Environmental Metrology & Policy M.S.
- Epidemiology M.S.
- Eurasian, Russian, and East European Studies M.A.
- Foreign Service M.S.
- German Ph.D., M.A.
- German & European Studies M.A.
- Global Health M.S.
- Global Human Development M.G.H.D.
- Global Infectious Disease Ph.D., M.S.
- Global, International & Comparative History M.A.
- Government Ph.D., M.A.
- Health Informatics and Data Science M.S.
- Health and the Public Interest M.S.
- Health Physics M.S.
- Integrative Neuroscience M.S.
- International Business and Policy M.A.
- International Development Policy M.I.D.P.
- Italian Studies M.A.
- Latin American Studies M.A.
- Leadership E.M.L.
- Learning, Design, and Technology M.A.
- Linguistics Ph.D., M.S.
- Linguistics – Language and Communication M.A.
- Management M.I.M.
- Mathematics & Statistics M.S.
- Medical Physics M.S. (coming soon)
- Microbiology & Immunology Ph.D., M.S.
- Nursing M.S.
- Pharmacology Ph.D., M.S.
- Physics Ph.D., M.S.
- Physiology & Biophysics – Regular Program M.S.
- Physiology & Biophysics – Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) M.S.
- Physiology & Biophysics – Special Master’s Program M.S.
- Policy Management M.P.M.
- Political Economy M.A.
- Public Policy M.P.P.
- Security Studies M.A.
- Spanish Ph.D., M.S.
- Systems Medicine M.S.
- Tumor Biology Ph.D., M.S.
Executive Master’s Degree Programs
- Clinical Quality, Safety, and Leadership Executive Master
- Patient Safety and Quality Executive Master
- Policy Leadership Executive Master, E.M.P.L.; Executive Certificate
Dual Degree Programs
Master / Master
- Global, International, & Comparative History / Foreign Service
- Public Policy / Foreign Service
- Public Policy / German & European Studies
Master’s / Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Arab Studies / J.D.
- Eurasian, Russian & East European Studies / J.D.
- Foreign Service / J.D.
- German & European Studies / J.D.
- Latin American Studies / J.D.
- Philosophy / J.D.
- Public Policy / J.D.
- Security Studies / J.D.
M.B.A. / Master’s
Master’s / Ph.D.
- Arab Studies / Government
- Arab Studies / History
- Eurasian, Russian & East European Studies / Government
- German & European Studies / German
- German & European Studies / Government
- German & European Studies / History
- Latin American Studies / Government
- Public Policy / Government
- Public Policy / Psychology
- Security Studies / Government
Master’s / Medical Doctor (M.D.)
Ph.D. / Medical Doctor (M.D.)
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology / M.D.
- Cell Biology / M.D.
- Microbiology and Immunology / M.D.
- Neuroscience / M.D.
- Pharmacology / M.D.
- Philosophy / M.D.
- Tumor Biology / M.D.
Ph.D. / Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Joint Certificate Program
- Advanced Biomedical Sciences (with George Mason University) Joint Certificate
Accelerated Degree Programs
Certain Georgetown University undergraduate students may apply to participate in a special 5-year program in which they will can earn their undergraduate degree and Master’s degree in 5 years. Approval for application to this program is obtained through the appropriate College Dean’s Office. Submission of the Graduate School application and corresponding application materials are required for students seeking the 5-year degree.
Accelerated Dual Degree Programs (for current Georgetown University undergraduates Only)
- Arab Studies (B.S.F.S. / M.A.)
- Communication, Culture & Technology (A.B. or B.S. / M.A.)
- Computer Science (B.S. / M.S.)
- English (A.B. / M.A.)
- Eurasian Russian and East European Studies (A.B. or B.S.F.S. / M.A.)
- Foreign Service (B.S.F.S or B.S.B.A. / M.S.)
- German (A.B. / M.A.)
- German & European Studies (B.S.F.S. or A.B. in language / M.A.)
- Global Health (B.S. / M.S.)
- Global, International, and Comparative History (A.B. or B.S.F.S. / M.A.)
- Government (A.B. / M.A.) – American Government only
- Latin American Studies (M.A.) / (B.S.F.S. or A.B. (Spanish))
- Linguistics (A.B.) / Language & Communication (M.A.)
- Linguistics (A.B.) / Linguistics (M.S.)
- Mathematics & Statistics (A.B. or B.S. / M.S.)
- Security Studies (B.S.F.S. / M.A.)
- Spanish (A.B. / M.S.)
Other Georgetown Schools Offering Graduate Programs
Law: LL.M., D.J.S., J.D.
Business: M.B.A., E.M.B.A., MiM
Graduate Studies: M.P.S., M.A.L.S., D.L.S.
Graduate Certificate Programs
Medical Doctor: M.D.
Georgetown University admits qualified students of any age, sex, religion, race, sexual orientation, color, disability and/or national or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, religion, race, sexual orientation, color, disability and/or national or ethnic origin in administration of its education policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school – administered programs. Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution.
The Georgetown University Academic Resource Center (ARC) is available to assist and guide students with special needs. For more information, go to: academicsupport.georgetown.edu.