The Graduate Research Steering Committee is tasked with reviewing applications from graduate students, and in some cases postdoctoral fellows, on internal competitions and external submissions requiring institutional nomination or endorsement. The committee also may be called upon to set, review or amend existing research funding policies set by the Graduate School or other graduate or postdoctoral fellow research issues that may arise.
Each committee member serves a two-year term of service (unless otherwise noted) and is approved by the Dean and Vice Dean of the Graduate School.
The 2017-18 members of the Graduate School's Graduate Research Steering Committee are:
- Evan Barba, Assistant Professor, CCT and Computer Science*
- Mary Helen Dupree, Associate Professor, German*
- Jane Fall-Dickson, Associate Professor, NHS+
- Julie Fischer, Associate Professor, Microbiology & Immunology+
- Emily Francomano, Associate Professor, Spanish & Portuguese+
- James Freericks, Robert L. McDevitt, K.S.G., K.C.H.S. and Catherine H. McDevitt L.C.H.S. Chair in Physics, Physics*
- Ella Heitzler, Assistant Professor, NHS*
Xiong Jiang, Assistant Professor, Neuroscience+
- Irene Jillson, Associate Professor, NHS+
- Ruth Kramer, Associate Professor, Linguistics*
- Erick Langer, Professor, SFS/History+
- Kathleen Maguire-Zeiss, Associate Professor, Neuroscience; Director, Master's in Integrative Neuroscience+
- Anna Maria Mayda, Associate Professor, SFS/Economics+
- Patrick O'Malley, Associate Professor, English*
- Nicoletta Pireddu, Professor, Italian (Spring 2018 only)*
- Douglas Reed, Associate Professor of Government; Director, Master's in Education, Inquiry & Justice*
- Kathryn Temple, Associate Professor, English+
- Yianna Vovides, Director of Learning Design and Research and Professor of Practice, CNDLS+
+ a new member, 2017-18 / *a member in their second year or final semester of service
If you have questions regarding the GSRC or wish to be considered for membership, please contact Maria Snyder.