The Graduate Research Steering Committee is tasked with reviewing applications from graduate students, and in some cases postdoctoral fellows, on internal competitoins and external submissions requiring institutional nomination or endorsement. The committee also may be called upon to set, review or amend existing research funding policies set by the Graduate School or other graduate or postdoctoral fellow research issues that may arise.
Each committee member serves a two-year term of service (unless otherwise noted) and is approved by the Dean and Vice Dean of the Graduate School.
The 2016-17 members of the Graduate School's Graduate Research Steering Committee are:
- Gabor Agoston, Associate Professor, History+
- Evan Barba, Assistant Professor, CCT and Computer Science+ (eff. Spring 2017)
- John Casey, Associate Professor, Microbiology & Immunology; Director, Global & Infectious Disease Program*
- Mary Helen Dupree, Associate Professor, German+ (eff. Spring 2017)
- James Freericks, Robert L. McDevitt, K.S.G., K.C.H.S. and Catherine H. McDevitt L.C.H.S. Chair in Physics, Physics+
- Ella Heitzler, Assistant Professor, NHS
- Andreas Kern, Assistant Teaching Professor, McCourt School of Public Policy*
- Ruth Kramer, Associate Professor, Linguistics and CCT+
- Alison Mackey, Professor of Linguistics*
- Patrick O'Malley, Associate Professor, English+
- Nicoletta Pireddu, Professor, Italian+
- Elizabeth Prelinger, Keyser Family Professor of Art History, Modern Art, Art & Art History+
- Douglas Reed, Associate Professor of Government; Director, Program on Education, Inquiry & Justice+
- Cristina Sanz, Professor of Spanish & Portuguese; Co-Director, Center for Brain Basis of Cognition+
- Patricia Vieira, Associate Professor of Spanish & Portuguese* (on leave, 2016-17)
+ a new member, 2016-17 / *a member in their second year of service
If you have questions regarding the GSRC or wish to be considered for membership, please contact Maria Snyder.