Who can apply to live in 55 H St. NW, and how do I apply?
Current Georgetown University graduate students can apply to live in 55 H St. NW. Applications are accepted via the Hoya Housing portal.
If you’re interested in sharing an apartment with specific other graduate students, there is a portion of the application where individuals can name preferred apartment-mates (as each individual has their own bedroom at 55 H St. NW).
What apartment types are available?
55 H St. NW features Studio, 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom apartments.
The 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom units offer individual bedrooms for each of its occupants, with shared kitchens, living rooms and bathrooms.
Approximate square footage of units:
- Studio: 183–190 square feet
- 2 bedroom: 471–532 square feet
- 3 bedroom: 733 square feet
- 4 bedroom: 825–873 square feet
What furniture is provided in the apartments?
Each bedroom has:
- Bed frame and full XL size mattress (54”x80”x10”)
- Desk and desk chair
- Dresser and built-in closet with clothes rack, shelf and mirrored doors
- Brushed-nickel refrigerator/freezer
- Range with oven
- Kitchen stools
- In-unit laundry units
- Coffee table
- Entertainment stand (televisions are not provided)
What other communal amenities are available in the building?
- Community Rooms: Each residential floor has a shared community room with a shared kitchen, communal dining table, couches and armchairs, and study tables and chairs. There are large screen televisions.
- Lobby/Courtyards: The building lobby has a variety of group study rooms and spaces as well as a game room. Just off the lobby are two outdoor courtyards with communal furniture and two electric grills.
- Penthouse: The penthouse community space features a fitness center (at no cost to residents), contemplation space, viewing room and additional study and communal space for residents.
How does mail & package delivery work at 55 H St. NW?
Each apartment has an assigned mailbox for which residents receive a key. USPS delivers all letter mail directly to each mailbox. There is a package room where residents can pick their packages up with the front desk staff.
Can I have a pet?
Unfortunately, no pets are permitted at 55 H St. NW. Residents requiring a Service Animal or Emotional Support Animal can refer to the university’s guidelines and approval process.Back to Top
Costs and Billing
What is the cost of living at 55 H St.?
- Studio/one bathroom apartment (one resident) – $2,472/month
- Two bedroom/two bath apartment (two residents) – $2,060/resident/month
- Three bedroom/two bath apartment (three residents) – $1,900/resident/month
- Four bedroom/two bath apartment (four residents) – $1,500/resident/month
What are the financial benefits of choosing 55 H St. over other residential options?
- All utilities are included upfront in your housing costs.
- No credit check is required at time of application.
- No first/last month deposit is required.
- All apartments come with furnishings in both your private bedroom and apartment shared space.
- Building maintenance staff manage all repairs and maintenance, including all furniture and appliances.
- Your housing charges are included with your tuition, reducing the number of bills you need to keep track of.
- The fitness center and amenities are available for your use at no additional cost.
When do housing charges post to my student account?
- Fall Semester charges post in June and are due by August.
- Spring Semester charges post in November and are due by January.
- Summer Semester charges post in early May and are due by late May.
Review the Student Billing Calendar for 2022-2024.
Is it possible for my housing costs to be paid out incrementally over a period of time?
Yes. There are payment plans you can enroll in with the Revenue & Receivables Office for the academic semesters (9 month HOA) & summer semester (12 month HOA). Review summaries of the payment plans options available. If you have questions about your unique circumstances, please contact Revenue & Receivables at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is included in the housing costs I am paying for?
Each Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA) includes a single bedroom in a furnished apartment for the stated length of the signed HOA. All utilities are included in the costs including: water, sewer, trash, high-speed wireless internet, in-unit laundry.
Approximate costs in Washington, DC for these utilities are:
- Wi-Fi: $65/month
- Water, Electric, Trash: $158/month
- Laundry: $20/month
- Fitness center: $80/month
Total monthly-living utilities value at 55 H St. NW that is included in HOA: $323/month.
Back to Top
Housing Occupancy Agreements
What is a Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA)?
Housing Occupancy Agreements are legally binding agreements that residents sign that outline important dates, deadlines and expectations that the university has for you as a resident. This Agreement is signed as part of the online application for 55 H St. NW housing.
What is the length of the Housing Occupancy Agreements?
Residents have the flexibility of choosing between two Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA) options:
- Academic Year HOA (9 month): August 19, 2023 to May 12, 2024
- Calendar Year HOA (12 month): August 19, 2023 to August 4, 2024
Does the Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA) require a credit check or deposit?
No, the HOA does not require a credit check or first/last month deposit.
How soon do I need to provide notice that I will be moving out of my room at 55 H St. NW?
The move in and move out dates for each Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA) are set as defined. Residents are asked to inform Residential Living if they are departing their on campus space early.Back to Top
When can I move into 55 H St. NW?
Residents can move into 55 H St. NW beginning Saturday, August 19 from 9 a.m.–5 p.m. After the official move-in day, students can move in anytime between 9 a.m.–5 p.m. during the week.
Can I move in earlier than August 2023?
As of this time, no early move-in requests are being approved.
What accommodations will be provided if my program begins earlier than August 2023?
Individuals can apply for summer housing via Hoya Housing portal on the the Hilltop campus, with spaces available as early as June 4, 2023. More information on pre-August housing options will be provided when it is available.
Does Georgetown University offer moving services?
We do not provide moving services for residential students. University staff will be on hand, however, to help welcome you on the official move-in day: Saturday, August 19 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.Back to Top
Transportation & Parking
How do I get from 55 H St. NW to the Hilltop campus?
There is a free downtown campus Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) to support our residents traveling to and from the main campus and the School of Continuing Studies. The schedule includes shuttles running daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. and is reflective of graduate student schedules.
What other ways can I get to and from 55 H St. NW?
There are additional GUTS Bus Shuttle routes to Rosslyn, Dupont Circle, Arlington, and the Law Center.
55 H St. NW is less than ½ mile to Union Station, with access to Amtrak and Metro trains.
Metro Rail & Metro Bus: Visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Trip Planner.
Is there parking available at 55 H St. NW?
Graduate students can apply for a 24/7 secure parking space at Georgetown University’s 111 Massachusetts Ave. NW building (two blocks from 55 H St.) upon approval of their housing application by completing this form.
- $900.00/academic year (9-month agreement)
- $1,000.00/12-month agreement
These parking spaces are available on a first come, first serve basis and are only available to graduate students living at 55 H St. NW.Back to Top
Have additional questions? Contact the 55 H St. residential living team at email@example.com for more information.Back to Top