Who can apply to live in 55 H St. NW, and how do I apply?
Current Georgetown University graduate students can apply to live in 55 H St. NW. Applications are accepted via the Hoya Housing portal.
If you’re interested in sharing an apartment with specific other graduate students, there is a portion of the application where individuals can name preferred apartment-mates (as each individual has their own bedroom at 55 H St. NW).Back to Top
What apartment types are available?
55 H St. NW features Studio, 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom apartments.
The 2-bedroom, 3-bedroom and 4-bedroom units offer individual bedrooms for each of its occupants, with shared kitchens, living rooms and bathrooms.
Approximate square footage of units:
- Studio: 183-190 square feet
- 2 bedroom: 471-532 square feet
- 3 bedroom: 733 square feet
- 4 bedroom: 825-873 square feet
What furniture is provided in the apartments?
Each bedroom has:
- Bed frame and full XL size mattress (54”x80”x10”)
- Desk and desk chair
- Dresser and built-in closet with clothes rack, shelf and mirrored doors.
- Brushed-nickel refrigerator/freezer
- Range with oven
- Kitchen stools
- In-unit laundry units
- Coffee table
- Entertainment stand (televisions are not provided)
What other communal amenities are available in the building?
- Community Rooms: Each residential floor has a shared community room with a shared kitchen, communal dining table, couches and armchairs, and study tables and chairs. There are large screen televisions.
- Lobby/Courtyards: The building lobby has a variety of group study rooms and spaces as well as a game room. Just off the lobby are two outdoor courtyards with communal furniture and two electric grills.
- Penthouse: The penthouse community space features a fitness center (at no cost to residents), contemplation space, viewing room and additional study and communal space for residents.
How does mail & package delivery work at 55 H St. NW?
Each apartment has an assigned mailbox for which residents receive a key. USPS delivers all letter mail directly to each mailbox. There is a package room where residents can pick their packages up with the Front Desk staff.
Can I have a pet?
Unfortunately, no pets are permitted at 55 H St. NW Residents requiring a Service Animal or Emotional Support Animal can refer to the university’s guidelines and approval process.Back to Top
Costs and Billing
What is the cost of living at 55 H St.?
- Studio/one bathroom apartment (one resident) – $2,472/month
- Two bedroom/two bath apartment (two residents) – $2,060/resident/month
- Three bedroom/two bath apartment (three residents) – $1,900/resident/month
- Four bedroom/two bath apartment (four residents) – *$1,500/resident/month
*This is a limited-time “grand opening” special rate, discounted from the normal $1,836/resident/month rate.
What are the financial benefits of choosing 55 H St. over other residential options?
- All utilities are included upfront in your housing costs.
- No credit check is required at time of application.
- No first/last month deposit is required.
- All apartments come with furnishings in both your private bedroom and apartment shared space.
- Building maintenance staff manage all repairs and maintenance, including all furniture and appliances.
- Your housing charges are included with your tuition, reducing the number of bills you need to keep track of.
- The Fitness center and amenities are available for your use at no additional cost.
When do housing charges post to my student account?
- Fall Semester charges post in June and are due by August.
- Spring Semester charges post in November and are due by January.
- Summer Semester charges post in early May and are due by late May.
You can review the Student Billing calendar for 2021-2023 via this link.
Is it possible for my housing costs to be paid out incrementally over a period of time?
Yes. There are payment plans you can enroll in with the Revenue & Receivables Office for the academic semesters (9 month HOA) & summer semester (12 month HOA). Summaries of the payment plans are available via this link. If you have questions about your unique circumstances, please contact Revenue & Receivables: email@example.com.
What is included in the housing costs I am paying for?
Each Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA) includes a single bedroom in a furnished apartment for the stated length of the signed HOA. All utilities are included in the costs including: water, sewer, trash, high-speed wireless internet, in-unit laundry.
Approximate costs in Washington DC for these utilities are:
- Wi-Fi: $65/month
- Water, Electric, Trash: $158/month
- Laundry: $20/month
- Fitness center: $80/month
Total monthly-living utilities value at 55 H St. NW that is included in HOA: $323/month
Back to Top
Housing Occupancy Agreements
What is a Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA)?
Housing Occupancy Agreements are legally binding agreements that residents sign that outline important dates, deadlines, and expectations that the university has for you as a resident. This Agreement is signed as part of the online application for 55 H St. NW housing.
What is the length of the Housing Occupancy Agreements?
Residents have the flexibility of choosing between two Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA) options:
- Academic Year HOA (9 month): August 21, 2022 to May 15, 2023
- Calendar Year HOA (12 month): August 21, 2022 to August 13, 2023
Does the Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA) require a credit check or deposit?
No, the HOA does not require a credit check or first/last month deposit.
How soon do I need to provide notice that I will be moving out of my room at 55 H St. NW?
The move in and move out dates for each Housing Occupancy Agreement (HOA) are set as defined. Residents are asked to inform Residential Living if they are departing their on campus space early.Back to Top
When can I move into 55 H St. NW?
Residents can move into 55 H St. NW Sunday, August 7 – Sunday, August 21 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily. Students can move in after the official move-in period between 9 a.m.-5 p.m. daily, but please email 55HSt@georgetown.edu to inform our team of your delayed arrival.
Can I move in earlier than August 2022?
As of this time, no early move-in requests can be approved because of building completion work.
What accommodations will be provided if my program begins earlier than August 2022?
Individuals can apply for summer housing via Hoya Housing portal on the the Hilltop campus, with spaces available as early as June 5, 2022. More information on pre-August housing options will be provided when it is available.
Does Georgetown offer moving services?
We do not provide moving services for residential students, but staff will be on hand to help welcome you for move-in between Sunday, August 7 – Sunday, August 21 from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. daily.Back to Top
Transportation & Parking
How do I get from 55 H St. NW to the Hilltop campus?
There is a free H St. Georgetown University Transportation Shuttle (GUTS) being added to support our residents traveling to and from the Hilltop campus. The tentative schedule includes shuttles running daily from 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. The specific schedule is yet to be finalized but will be reflective of graduate student schedules.
What other ways can I get to and from 55 H St. NW?
There are additional GUTS Bus Shuttle routes, i.e. Rosslyn, Dupont Circle, Arlington
55 H St. NW is less than ½ mile to Union Station, with access to Amtrak and Metro trains
Metro Rail & Metro Bus: Visit the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) Trip Planner: https://www.wmata.com/
Is there parking available at 55 H St. NW?
Graduate students can apply for a 24/7 secure parking space at Georgetown University’s 111 Massachusetts Ave. NW building (two blocks from 55 H St.) upon approval of their housing application by completing this form.
- $900.00/academic year (9-month agreement)
- $1,000.00/12-month agreement.
These parking spaces are available on a first come first serve basis and are only available to graduate students living at 55 H St. NW.Back to Top
Have additional questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.Back to Top