The Graduate School is pleased to support the professional development of graduate students by providing Conference Travel Grants to both master's and doctoral students on the Main Campus and at the Medical Center.
These grants may be used toward travel and other expenses associated with participation in a professional meeting, and may be requested in advance or retroactive one semester.
Please review the Conference Travel Grant Announcement for full details.
Number of awards available: approximately 70, depending on individual award amounts
Maximum award: $500
- Doctoral and master's students only
- Student must have received an official invitation to present a paper or poster, or to participate in a panel discussion at the conference indicated
- Support is only for travel to academic conferences
- One conference travel award per student per fiscal year
Required Application Materials:
- Application Coversheet
- Official invitation to participate in the conference (e.g., letter of invitation, web page with student's name as a participant).
- One-page statement of travel plans and relevance to thesis or dissertation completion.
- Travel budget of projected costs or incurred costs if retroactive.
- Department funding statement on travel support, if any, that will be provided to help defray the cost of attendance.
- (1) letter of recommendation from a faculty member (e.g., thesis advisor, director of graduate studies) no more than one-page in length submitted separately by the faculty member. **It is the student-applicant's responsibility to ensure timely submission of the letter of support.
The completed application must be submitted electronically to the Graduate School at GSASGradResearch@georgetown.edu as a single, collated PDF document by the relevant competition deadline indicated below. Letters of support should be submitted separately to GSASGradResearch@georgetown.edu.
Review and Award:
Completed applications received by each deadline will be reviewed by a committee consisting of two to three members of the Graduate Research Steering Committee and the Director of External Fellowships.
Decisions will be e-mailed to each applicant's Georgetown e-mail address. Awarded funds will be transferred to the academic departments for disbursement in accordance with University policies.
- Fall Competition: Friday, September 20, 2019, 5:00 PM (Coversheet)
- Spring Competition: Friday, January 17, 2020, 5:00 PM (Coversheet)
For more information, please email GSASGradResearch@georgetown.edu.