About the Program
The Graduate Physics programs at Georgetown offer both academic and industrial research allowing our students a firm grounding in theoretical and practical skills. The Industrial Leadership in Physics (ILP) student supplements traditional coursework and thesis research with classes in business and entrepreneurship and year-long apprenticeships with our industrial partners.Back to Top
For general graduate admissions requirements, visit the Office of Graduate Admission’s Application Information page. Review the program’s website for additional information on program application requirements.
Application Materials required:
- Application Form
- Non-refundable Application Fee
- Academic Statement of Purpose
- Optional: Statement on Diversity, Personal Background & Contributions
- Writing Sample
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Transcripts – Applicants are required to upload to the application system copies of official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Visit the Office of Graduate Admission’s Application Information page for additional details and FAQs.
- GRE Physics Subject Test (waived for the 2021-2022 admission cycle)
- TOEFL/IELTS (if applicable)
- TOEFL = 100 minimum
- IELTS = 7.5 minimum
- Fall: January 15
The master’s degree requires 30 credits (non-thesis track) or 27 credits (thesis track) of graduate courses in physics and related fields.
The Ph.D. program requires at least 34 credits of graduate coursework in physics and related fields. Students in the Industrial Leadership in Physics program choose business electives and additionally participate in a year-long apprenticeship at the site of an industrial partner chosen to match the interests of the student. All Ph.D. students must pass the Comprehensive and Qualifying Exams and successfully complete and defend a dissertation.Back to Top
Connect with Us
Program Contact: Amy Gould: firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Top