For All Students
NOTE: Because of the online nature of 2021 Commencement, academic regalia is not required. However, anyone wishing to purchase academic regalia such as caps, gowns, hoods, and sashes, as well as class rings and other commemorative items, should go to the Georgetown page on the Josten’s website (our official regalia supplier).Back to Top
For Spring 2021 only, regalia is available from the Jostens website.
Both packages below are customized for Georgetown University graduates. They consists of a black mortarboard style cap and tassel, a black gown with sleeves indicating graduate-level work, and an over-the-head hood with a velvet-like border indicating the degree awarded (see Hood Degree Color Chart, below).
- Basic Master’s regalia package (approx. $99.00)
- ‘Fine Quality’ Master’s regalia package (approx. $366.00)
Please note: the Bookstore will not be open early enough on Thursday (Doctoral Hooding Ceremony) or Friday, (Graduate School of Arts & Sciences Commencement Ceremony) for you to purchase academic robes. Please make sure that you have your robes in hand no later than WEDNESDAY (for Doctoral Hooding participants) or THURSDAY (for all other graduate participants).Back to Top
For Spring 2021 only, regalia is available from the Jostens website. These robes are available only by special order online and take approx. 8 weeks for delivery. These may be ordered through the Jostens website or from the Jostens Customer Service Center: 1-800-854-7464 and follow the prompts for Language (#) > College Products (4) > Ordering/Product Info (1) > Caps & Gowns (3).
- ‘Bristol’ style Doctoral regalia package (approx. $417)
- ‘Sussex’ style Doctoral regalia package (approx. $570)
- ‘Windsor’ style Doctoral regalia package (approx. $835)
‘Official Georgetown” Doctoral Regalia
The “Georgetown Official” doctoral regalia is the highest quality (and most expensive) academic regalia option. It has extensive embroidery and stitching and is a durable, long-lasting formal regalia. It is worn by Georgetown University President John DeGioia and is available only by special order. It takes approx. 8 weeks for delivery. This regalia may not be ordered on the Jostens website.
Orders must be placed by April 15, 2021 to be delivered in time for the 2021 Commencement and Doctoral Hooding virtual ceremonies.
Call Jostens Customer Service Center: 1-800-854-7464 and follow the prompts for Language (#) > College Products (4) > Ordering/Product Info (1) > Caps & Gowns (3)
- ‘Georgetown Official’ Doctoral-level regalia package (approx. $1,200)
Hood Lining – Degree Colors
Note: When ordering your regalia, especially via telephone, please use ONLY the following degree names to ensure that you get the correctly colored hood velvet and lining. For example, there is a difference in stating that you are getting a “Doctorate in Physics” versus correctly saying you are being awarded the “Doctor of Philosophy.” All Georgetown graduate students are awarded only the following degrees (the specialty field, e.g., Physics, Government, Biochemistry, etc., is not part of the standardized graduate degree hood lining color).
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD): Royal Blue
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP/DNAP): Apricot
- Master of Arts (MA): White
- Master of Sciences (MS): Gold
- Master of Global Human Development (MGHD): White
- Master of International Development Policy (MIDP): Peacock Blue
- Master of Policy Management (MPM): Peacock Blue
- Master of Public Policy (MPP): Peacock Blue
- Executive Master in Policy Management (EMPM): Peacock Blue
- Executive Master’s in Clinical Quality, Safety & Leadership (EMCQSL): Peacock Blue