To enroll in the Graduate School, students must complete a number of steps involving registration, health insurance, immunization and financial aid.

Topics Covered:

Confirm Your Enrollment

  • Log in to your application here.
  • Follow the instructions in your official admissions letter to confirm your enrollment. Submit the Enrollment Confirmation Form and corresponding non-refundable deposit (if applicable) to hold your place in the program until you matriculate. Georgetown accepts Visa and Mastercard for the enrollment deposit. 
  • Meet your deadline for enrollment confirmation. This deadline is found in your official admissions letter.

Outstanding Conditions of Admission

(For students who received a conditional letter of admission)

  • Submit outstanding documents (as detailed in the admissions letter) to the Office of Graduate Admissions.
  • If you have been admitted with the admission condition of “official transcript showing conferral of your undergraduate (or graduate) degree,” here are some general guidelines for how you can fulfill this condition:
    • In order to clear your admission condition, the Graduate School needs to receive an official copy of a document (such as a final transcript, degree certificate or diploma) which shows the date your degree was conferred
    • To be official, documents must be delivered to the Graduate School in their original sealed envelopes, with the registrar’s (or equivalent office’s) signature or stamp across the seal.
    • If documents are not in English, they must be accompanied by an English language version provided by the academic institution. 
    • If your institution does not provide English language copies, you are responsible for providing a certified or notarized translation along with an official copy of the original document. 
    • ICAP evaluations sent by World Education Services (WES) directly to Georgetown University will fulfill the admission condition, as long as the documents submitted to WES include the date your degree was conferred.
    • If your school only issues one diploma and/or degree certificate and does not sent official copies to other institutions, you may bring your original documents to the Graduate School for verification after you arrive on campus.  We will make a copy of your documents and return the originals to you.  Do NOT mail your only original copy to us.
    • If you attended a US institution, you need to submit an official final transcript that shows all of your coursework plus the date the degree was conferred.  Many universities around the world follow a similar system (common in Canada, Japan, South Korea, Australia, Turkey, etc.)  If this is the case for your institution, submit a final official transcript that shows the date your degree was conferred.
    • Some institutions (common in regions such as the Middle East, Africa, South America, and Latin America) provide a diploma or degree certificate to show the date the degree was conferred.  If this is the case for your institution, please provide an official copy of the diploma or degree certificate.
    • For the following countries, please provide the following official documents:
      • India: a diploma that states when the degree was conferred (a provisional certificate will not fulfill the condition)
      • China: both the graduation certificate and the degree certificate
      • Europe: the diploma supplement showing the date of degree conferral
  • Call or e-mail the Office of Graduate Admissions with any questions about your admission status.
    • Telephone: 202-687-5804
    • E-mail
  • Contact your department regarding department conditions of admission.

Log in to your Georgetown E-mail

After you submit your enrollment deposit, you should expect all communications to come to your Georgetown e-mail address.

  1. Locate your NetID and temporary password, which can be found in your official admission letter. Your NetID is a unique identifier assigned to each member of the Georgetown community.
  2. Use your NetID and password (which may still be your temporary password) to log in to your e-mail for the first time. You can access your e-mail and other Google-enabled services at
  3. Explore other IT services you may use here.
  4. Check your e-mail regularly. Information about registration, orientation, and more will come to this e-mail address.

If you have not already done so, we encourage you to change your temporary password. That can be done here.

Note that Georgetown University will never ask for your password outside of normal logging into various services. Do not share your password in any e-mail message or online form.


Registration will begin after fall course schedules are finalized in July. Your program will contact you to start the registration process and will assist you in selecting appropriate ocurses. If you do not hear from your program by August, please contact them.

Detailed information about the registration process for new graduate students is available on the Graduate School's Registration page. Please follow the procedures carefully.

If you have additional questions about the registration process, you may contact Graduate Student Services:

International Students

  • If you have not done so already, complete the online International Student Immigration Questionnaire for graduate students. All incoming international students, except for U.S. permanent residents, are required to fill out this form and submit it as soon as possible.
  • Once the completed Immigration Questionnaire and appropriate financial documentation are received, your immigration document will be issued and mailed to you. Please allow 2 - 3 weeks from the date of receipt of your documentation for your immigration document to be issued.
  • For questions and information regarding visas, immigration and special mandatory orientation sessions, please visit the Office of Global Services.

Financial Aid

  • Log in to MyAccess to review your financial aid awards.
  • Be sure to submit all required paperwork and documentation to the appropriate financial aid offices. Instructions on how to submit each financial aid document will be included on each financial aid offer form.
  • Consult your department or email questions to the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences if you are receiving a graduate scholarship, assistantship or fellowship award. General information on merit-based financial aid, including policies and procedures, is available on the Graduate School's Merit-Based Financial Aid page. Questions may be emailed here. Questions about your need-based aid may be addressed here.
  • Contact the Office of Student Financial Services at (202) 687.4547 for more information on financing your education.

Student Account

  • Log into MyAccess and review your student account.
  • Waive or Accept the Student Health Insurance in MyAccess and add dependents (optional). A charge for Student Health Insurance is assessed to the account of all full-time graduate students (enrolled in 9 credit hours or more) and is reversed only upon receipt and review of an online waiver survey.

Immunization Form

  • If you are a new enrolling student and are under the age of 26 at the time of registration, you are required by District of Columbia law to provide documentation of vaccination or immunity from Diphtheria, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, Measles, Mumps, Rubella and Varicella.
  • Print and have your personal physician complete the Immunization and Tuberculosis Screening Certificate form prior to registration. 
  • The completed form can be sent to:

Student Health Center
3800 Reservoir Road NW
Ground Floor, Darnall Hall
Washington, DC 20007

  • Questions can be sent to the Student Health Center at or 202-687-3100.

Students with Special Needs

The Georgetown University Academic Resource Center is available to assist and guide students with special needs. Contact information:

  • Location: Leavey Center, Third Floor
  • Telephone: (202) 687.8354
  • E-mail

Students with physical disabilities should obtain information regarding special services by calling (202) 687.9530 or sending an e-mail.

Students with learning disabilities should obtain information regarding special services by calling (202) 687.6923 or sending an e-mail.