Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Humanities & Social Sciences
- Georgetown University Mellon Postdoctoral Fellowship for the Study of Slavery. One-year appointment during 2017-18, during which time fellow would pursue independent research, research and other work on behalf of the Georgetown's Slavery, Memory, and Reconciliation initiative, and teach one course during spring 2018. Up to $60,000 in salary plus benefits. Deadline: August 4, 2017)
- National Academy of Education (NAEd) Spencer Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowship (deadline: November 2, 2017)
- University of Toronto Petro Jacyk Postdoctoral Fellowship for the Study of the Ukraine. (deadline: expected February 2018)
Postdoctoral Fellowships in the Natural and Biomedical Sciences
The American Cancer Society invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships that support researchers who have received the PhD for training leading to an independent career in cancer research. Up to $168,000 over three years available. Refer to program announcement for full details. Deadline: April 1 and October 15
The American Diabetes Association welcomes applications for its Postdoctoral Fellowship Award program, which supports researchers for high quality training in disciplines and topics relevant to diabetes. Up to $195,816 over three years available. Refer to program announcement for full details. Deadline: expected for April 2018
The American Diabetes Association welcomes applications for its Minority Postdoctoral Fellowship Award program, which supports researchers for high quality training in disciplines and topics relevant to diabetes. Up to $195,816 over three years available. Refer to program announcement for full details. Deadline: expected for April 2018
The Burroughs Wellcome Fund is accepting pre-proposals for their Career Awards at the Scientific Interface (CASI) program to foster the early career development of researchers who have transitioned from graduate work in the physical/mathematical/computational sciences or engineering into postdoctoral work in the biological sciences. The five-year award is intended to bridge two years of advanced postdoctoral training and the first three years of faculty service. Proposals that include experimental validation of theoretical models are particularly encouraged. Women and underrepresented minorities strongly encouraged to apply. Several eligibility requirements apply: see RFP or program page for full details. Award of $500,000 over five years delineated as $70,000 in each of Years 1 and 2 (Postdoctoral portion), and $120,000 in each of the subsequent three years (Faculty portion). Funds are intended to cover salary, fringe benefits, administrative fee and research costs. Pre-Proposal requirements: applicant information completed online, a pre-proposal form with a lay abstract and required signatures, and a confidential letter of recommendation from the primary postdoctoral mentor. Deadline: pre-proposal due September 6, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. EDT; full proposal due January 10, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. EST.
The Burroughs Wellcome Fund (BWF) is accepting applications for its Collaborative Research Travel Grant (CRTG) program, which provides up to $15,000 in relatively unrestricted travel funds to academic scientists and trainees (postdocs or fellows) at U.S. or Canadian degree-granting institutions. Grants must be used for domestic or international travel to another lab to learn new research techniques or begin or continue a collaboration to address biomedical questions. Special consideration will be given to applicants who have doctorate level training in the physical, mathematical, or engineering sciences and are working on biomedical problems. Deadline: TBA
- The Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation welcomes applications for its 2015-16 Postdoctoral Fellowship program. Recent PhD, MD, and MD/PhD graduates conducting theoretical and experimental research on cancer and the search for causes, treatments, prevention, therapies, etc. are eligible; those currently in postdoctoral positions are ineligible. Up to four years of funding possible; institutional overhead or indirect costs not allowed. Refer to program announcement for full details.
Deadline: August 15, 2017 and March 15, 2018
- The Damon Runyon Cancer Research Foundation welcomes applications for the 2015-16 Damon Runyon-Sohn Pediatric Cancer Fellowship, which is open to advanced candidates and recent PhD, MD, and MD/PhD graduates conducting research on the prevention, diagnosis, or treatment of one or more pediatric cancers. Two funding levels possible: Level 1-basic and physician-scientists who will have had their degrees no more than one year prior to application review; and Level 2-physician-scientists who have completed their residencies and clinical training, are board eligible in the U.S. at the start date of the fellowship, and can devote at least 80% of their time and effort to the supported research activities. Up to four years of funding possible; institutional overhead or indirect costs not allowed. Refer to program announcement for guidelines, eligibility criteria, and application requirements and review. Deadlines: August 15, 2017 and March 15, 2018
- The National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) is accepting applications for its Intramural NIGMS Postdoctoral Research Associate (PRAT) program. The research projects proposed should focus on NIGMS mission-related areas of basic biomedical science, which include: cell biology, biophysics, genetics, developmental biology, pharmacology, physiology, biological chemistry, computational biology, technology development and bioinformatics. Additionally, research studies that employ model organisms are encouraged. Award: up to three years of postdoctoral stipend support possible; various stipend levels possible depending on experience and expertise. Institutional overhead not permitted. Refer to the solicitation for full details. Deadlines: 5:00 p.m. EST on October 3, 2017; future deadline: October 3, 2018
- The L’Oréal USA For Women In Science fellowship program will award (5) Postdoctoral Fellowships to women scientists in the US each at a value of up to $60,000. Applicants are welcome from a variety of fields, including the life and physical/material sciences, technology (including computer science), engineering, and mathematics. Refer to program announcement for full details. Deadline: expected for February 2018
- The National Institutes of Health invites applications for its Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award (NRSA) Individual Postdoctoral Fellowship (Parent F32) program to enable researchers to become productive, independent investigators in scientific health-related research fields relevant to the mission of the NIH. Up to three years of support possible; stipend levels commiserate with years of postdoctoral experience. Refer to solicitation for full details; application required through Grants.gov. Deadline: April 8, August 8, and December 8