Dual and Joint Degree Programs
overview of dual and joint degree programs
Dual-degree programs allow students to pursue studies leading to the award of two degrees from Georgetown University. The Graduate School offers many dual programs that result in the award of degrees in two graduate disciplines. Programs are also available that combine a Graduate School degree with a degree from one of Georgetown’s undergraduate schools (available only to current Georgetown University undergraduates), the Law Center, or the Medical School.
Dual-degree programs are typically structured so as to double-count some number of earned course credits so that they are applied to the completion of both degrees. The policies governing double-counting of course credits vary by program.
The Graduate School also offers a limited number of joint-degree programs in which study at both Georgetown and a partner university leads to the award of a single degree and a single diploma bearing the seals of both universities.
You may apply to more than one program, but you must complete a separate application and pay a separate application fee for each program to which you apply. Similarly for dual degree programs, you must submit a separate application and pay a separate application fee for each program.
Applicants who submit materials for dual graduate programs with the Medical School, Law School, or MBA program should complete the application process for both the Graduate School and the corresponding Medical / Law / MBA program.
Master’s / Master’s
- History (Global, International, & Comparative) / Foreign Service
- Public Policy / Foreign Service
- Public Policy / German & European Studies
M.B.A. / Master’s
Master’s / Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- Arab Studies / J.D.
- Eurasian, Russian & East European Studies / J.D.
- Foreign Service / J.D.
- German & European Studies / J.D.
- Latin American Studies / J.D.
- Philosophy / J.D.
- Public Policy / J.D.
- Security Studies / J.D.
Ph.D. / Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Master’s / Ph.D.
- Arab Studies / Government
- Arab Studies / History
- Eurasian, Russian & East European Studies / Government
- German & European Studies / German
- German & European Studies / Government
- German & European Studies / History
- Latin American Studies / Government
- Public Policy / Government
- Public Policy / Psychology
- Security Studies / Government
Master’s/Medical Doctor (M.D.)
- BGE M.S. programs / M.D.
Ph.D./Medical Doctor (M.D.)
- Biochemistry & Molecular Biology / M.D.
- Biostatistics / M.D.
- Microbiology and Immunology / M.D.
- Neuroscience / M.D.
- Pharmacology and Physiology / M.D.
- Philosophy / M.D.
- Tumor Biology / M.D.
- Global Executive MBA (dual with ESADE)
- Public Policy/MiM (dual with HEC Paris)
- Policy Management/GMP (dual with Korean Development Institute)
- Political Economy (joint with Solvay)