The Department of Health Systems Administration offers an on-campus MHSA track for early careerists. Our graduate program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME).
The on-campus master's in health systems administration employs a broad systems approach. The curriculum is guided by a rigorous focus on social, technical, economic, and policy forces that shape the context of health care organizations and define the management agenda.
The on-campus MHSA offers a curriculum that is competency-based and practice-centered with a focus on systems of care and leadership; an accessible faculty includes leading academics and practitioners of a variety of health care organizations; small class sizes that foster close relationships with faculty members; internship sites in various settings; practicing executives who serve as mentors; a longitudinal integrative seminar; and distinguished opportunities to engage in the unique richness of Washington, D.C.
- M.S. in Health Systems Administration
Summer 2020 - M.S. program
January 15, 2020
Please be sure to review the Graduate School Admissions How to Apply page.
PROGRAM ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
Please be sure to review the program's website for additional information on program application requirements.
Prerequisite Course required:
A course in Financial Accounting must be successfully completed prior to matriculation.
Application Materials required:
- Graduate School of Arts & Sciences Online Application
- Non-refundable Application Fee
- Statement of Purpose essay
Unofficial Transcripts- Applicants are required to upload to the application system unofficial transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended. Do not send electronic or paper copies of your transcripts before receiving an offer of admission. Review the unofficial transcript requirements for additional details and FAQs. All transcripts from non-US institutions must be evaluated by World Education Services, http://www.wes.org.
- Letters of Recommendation (3)
- Video interview: A video interview submission is required. Once your application has been submitted, an admissions representative will email you with directions concerning your video interview submission. Your video must be submitted no later than one week following the application deadline.
- GRE or GMAT Score: Test scores must be received by the application deadline date. Georgetown University GRE reporting code: 5244. Dept of Health Systems Administration GMAT Reporting Code: JT7-VN-43. For those with a verified and completed graduate degree from a US institution, this requirement may be waived. Please contact the department directly to discuss.
- MCAT may be submitted in lieu of GRE or GMAT
- TOEFL/IELTS (please see below)
In addition, although each applicant is considered on an individual basis, admission requirements are as follows:
- A bachelor's degree in any field.
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY: TOEFL / IELTS
All applicants are required to demonstrate a level of proficiency in the English language sufficient to meet the admission requirement of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences. Proficiency can be demonstrated by the receipt of a bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited institution of higher education in the United States or from a university where English is the primary language of instruction (please note that applicants receiving degrees at universities in U.S. territories, such as Puerto Rico, are required to submit the TOEFL or IELTS unless the primary language of instruction at the institution is English). All other applicants must achieve at least a minimum score on either the TOEFL or IELTS test. Test scores must be received by the application deadline date. Applicants should allow six to eight weeks from the test date for the reporting of scores to the institution. Applications will not be considered without GRE/GMAT (unless waived) and TOEFL/IELTS (if applicable) scores.
TOEFL: A minimum score of 100 (iBT test) on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). TOEFL information: http://www.ets.org/toefl/
IELTS: A minimum score of 7.5 from the International English Language Testing System. IELTS Information: http://www.ielts.org
- Forty-two credit hours
For more information on degree requirements, please visit the department website.