As an admitted student to the Graduate School, you may have some questions about the steps you now need to take to fulfill required admissions conditions, required steps for enrollment, and graduate student life at Georgetown University.
Admitted students will need to review the following three areas to fulfill conditions, requirements and prepare for graduate studies:
Please review our Admitted Student Checklist for all details regarding how to respond to your admissions offer, submitting your deposit, official transcripts and more.
Admitted Student Checklist
All admissions conditions must be fulfilled by the dates as designated in the letter of admission.
Follow the instructions in your official admissions letter in the application portal to confirm your enrollment. All admitted students must submit the Enrollment Reponse Form to confirm enrollment plans. Important: Meet your deadline for enrollment confirmation. This deadline is found in your official admissions letter.
If you have additional questions about your program of admission and want to speak with them directly, please consult our Contact Us page to obtain your program contact information.
In addition to completing the Enrollment Response Form, admitted students who plan to enroll must also submit the corresponding non-refundable deposit to hold their place in the program until matriculation. Georgetown accepts Visa and Mastercard for the enrollment deposit. Payment for the enrollment deposit is managed in the application portal and must also be fulfilled by the deadline for enrollment confirmation, as defined in the official admissions letter.
Admitted students who plan to enroll are required to submit official transcripts from all institutions attended including final official transcripts from degree-granting institutions. Admitted students should review their decision letter to confirm which conditions require fulfillment.
The final official transcript must include confirmation and date of degree conferral. A diploma or degree certificate showing degree conferral and degree data can be provided.
All foreign official documents should include an English-language translation from the institution, notarized translator, or by a credential evaluation service when applicable.
To be official, documents must be submitted directly from the institution to Georgetown University through one of the following options:
- Submitted to Georgetown University in an envelope issued by the institution and sealed by the Registrar or an equivalent office
Submitted to Georgetown University from the institution via a secure electronic delivery, such as Scrip-Safe.
How and Where to Submit Official Documents:
All Programs (except Biomedical Graduate Education, see below)
- Electronically: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Mail: Georgetown University
Office of Graduate Admissions
Car Barn, Suite 207
3520 Prospect Street N.W.,
Washington, DC 20057-1005
Biomedical Graduate Education Programs – All students admitted to a Biomedical Graduate Program must submit their official documents to the following:
- Electronically: email@example.com
- By Mail: Georgetown University
Biomedical Graduate Education
Office of Admissions
SE 106 Medical-Dental Building
3900 Reservoir Road NW,
Washington, DC 20057-1411
Merit Aid Response – If you have been offered merit aid, you must respond to the offer as designated in your merit aid offer letter, viewable in the application portal or as otherwise indicated in your offer letter.
- Consult your department or email questions to the Graduate School of Arts & Sciences if you are receiving a graduate scholarship, assistantship or fellowship award. General information on merit-based financial aid, including policies and procedures, is available on the Graduate School’s Merit-Based Financial Aid page. Questions may be emailed here.
- Need-Based Aid: Questions about your need-based aid may be addressed here. Contact the Office of Student Financial Services at (202) 687-4547 for more information on financing your education.
Department Conditions – If your department has indicated required admissions conditions, please contact your department directly with appropriate materials.
Once you have fulfilled all admissions conditions, new students must complete a number of steps involving registration, health insurance, immunization and financial aid. International students are required to meet immigration documentation requirements. Follow all steps on theEnrollment Checklist to ensure that you have met all pre-enrollment requirements.
Any questions regarding the enrollment checklist should be directed to the Graduate Academic Affairs team.
Preparing for Graduate Student Life
- Living in D.C. – A guide for housing, transportation, and life in Washington, D.C.
- Graduate Student Induction – Georgetown’s welcoming events for all new graduate students. Additionally, programs often have their own departmental orientation programs and that the Office of Global Services has an orientation for incoming international students.
- Financial Support – Be sure to review all options regarding merit-based aid and need-based aid. You can contact the Graduate Financial team at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional assistance.
- Interested in learning more about the graduate student community? Visit the Student Life website to find out ways that you can get involved.
Any questions regarding graduate student life should be directed to Owen Agho, Assistant Director of Graduate Student Enrichment and Communication.