Home » Academics » Dissertation, Doctoral Project, and Thesis Information » Submission of Thesis
All master’s students who are required or have chosen to write a thesis must follow the steps outlined below.
- File a Thesis Proposal using the Thesis, Doctoral Project or Dissertation Proposal Form (MS Word). This form should be submitted no later than the first semester of Thesis Research.
- If required, ensure that you have an IRB approval number. Consult the IRB website for additional information and forms.
- This form must be signed and approved by your advisor, committee, and Director of Graduate Studies.
- After the form is fully completed with all signatures, submit it to the Office of Graduate Student Services.
- Once your proposal has been approved by your advisor, committee, and Director of Graduate Studies, you may proceed with writing your thesis.
- Some programs require master’s students to defend their theses, while others do not. Follow your program’s policies and procedures for defending and/or submitting your thesis.
- You should also consult the Guidelines for Dissertation, Doctoral Project and Thesis Writers before beginning your thesis.
- If your program includes a defense, submit your Master's Thesis Reviewers Report (MSWord) (PDF) signed by your committee and advisor to email@example.com.
- After you have defended and/or submitted your thesis and it has been accepted by your committee, submit the Cover Sheet (MSWord) (PDF) with all the appropriate signatures to Academic Affairs in the Car Barn or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a completed Electronic Thesis and Dissertation (ETD) Release Form (MSWord) (PDF) to email@example.com.
- Create a profile and upload the PDF of your thesis to the ProQuest site for formatting review by the Graduate School.
- The Library has created a very informative series of short videos about the choices you must make on the ProQuest site.
- Complete any edits assigned by the Graduate School.
- These edits MUST be completed and the thesis accepted by the Graduate School by the following dates for each graduation month. If it is not, your thesis will not be approved and you will not be eligible to graduate in that month.
- August 2018: the deadline is August 31.
- December 2018:, the deadline to upload your thesis to the ProQuest site is December 13, 2018. PDFs uploaded after this date cannot be guaranteed to be reviewed and accepted in time for December graduation. All above steps must be completed and your thesis approved by the Graduate School by close of business on December 20, 2018.
- May 2019:, the deadline to submit your thesis is April 22, 2019. PDFs uploaded to the ProQuest site after this date cannot be guaranteed to be reviewed and accepted in time for May graduation. All above steps must be completed and your thesis approved by the Graduate School by close of business on May 1, 2019.