Location: Car Barn, 427 (3520 Prospect Street, N.W.)
Hours: 9:15 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. Monday-Friday
(not available evenings, weekends, University holidays, and as available in the University Calendar)
GUIDELINES FOR USE OF CAR BARN 427 CONFERENCE ROOM
The Car Barn 427 Conference Room (Car Barn, Room 427), is available for use by University organizations, faculty and staff. A Georgetown University faculty or staff member must make the reservation for a student organization and the faculty or staff person making the reservation must be present at the event to ensure that all the policies for use are followed. The faculty/staff person is the responsible person for that event.
Check the Car Barn 427 Conference Room calendar at the bottom of web page for general availability. You will not be able to request this room directly from this calendar, but you can see when it is available. To reserve this room, send a request to Rick Pike (email@example.com) or Helen Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) as described below the calendar page.
HOURS FOR USE
The Graduate School Conference Room is only available for use from 9:15 a.m. until 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday only (not available evenings, weekends, or University holidays), and as available in the University Calendar during these times. Car Barn 427 is intended as a conference and meeting room, and should not be scheduled as a recurring class meeting space.
GROUP SIZE AND SEATIING
Car Barn 427 Conference Room is intended for groups larger than 12 people (smaller groups should reserve Car Barn 101 Conference Room). This conference room has a central boardroom-style table that seats up to 35 people in a U-format. The tables can be reconfigured slightly (for example, into a hollow square or as two separate tables), but must be put back into the typical U-shaped format at the end of the meeting.
The room faces south overlooking Key Bridge and Rosslyn, and is very bright on sunny days -- there are shades that can be lowered to darken the room somewhat. If your raise the shades during your meeting, you should lower them back at the end of your meeting. Keeping the shades lowered helps to keep the temperature controlled.
CONFERENCE ROOM AMENITIES
- Strong University wi-fi signal
- Wired LAN port and LAN cable.
- Conference-call speakerphone system and University telephone that outside persons can dial into (+1 202-687-6736), or users may dial out to local numbers only (or to long-distance and international numbers with a phone calling card).
- 5-plug extension outlet that can be placed under the conference table (for powering electrical devices), as well as several wall power outlets along the perimeter of the room.
- Basic Epson digital computer projector that accepts an HDMI, VGA, or USB connection to your laptop computer (Apple / Mac users may need to bring their own adapter).
- Basic plug-in computer speakers
- Low rectangular projection screen
- White side wall near the front of the room that can be used to project upon -- but please note that it is a wall, and not a true screen.
- White board, eraser, and black dry erase markers – users should bring their own dry erase color markers
- Exterior counter where refreshments can be placed for guests. Food and drink are permitted in the conference room as long as the tables are wiped afterwards and all trash or spills cleaned up.
Please note that Graduate School staff cannot provide any type of AV setup or support for users, and that CETS does not support this space. This above equipment is provided as a courtesy to users of Car Barn 427 Conference Room. Users may come to the conference room when not in use to test their equipment in advance of their meeting.
All users of the Car Barn 427 Conference Room must ensure that the following are done at the conclusion of their meeting:
- Place any trash into receptacles. If food items, place the trash cans outside the room for pickup.
- Wipe tables with the provided wet wipes to remove any food, spills, grease, or other substances.
- Return tables to the U-shaped configuration
- Return all AV equipment and cables neatly.
- If anyone has opened the door to the outside patio, make sure it is closed and locked.
- Return all chairs around the U-shaped tables, with a few stacked in the corners.
- Lower and close the blinds to keep room dim and keep temperature under control.
- Report any problems with the room to Rick Pike or Helen Ryan.
Failure to cleanup or re-arrange the room after use will result in loss of future privileges.
Any other questions about use of Car Barn 427 Conference Room should be directed to Rick Pike (email@example.com, in Car Barn 424).
To reserve Car Barn 427 Conference Room: send an email to Rick Pike (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Helen Ryan (email@example.com) and let them know the desired date and times of your event, and your approximate number of attendees. Rick or Helen will then accept your invitation if we can approve the event reservation (if not, you will be contacted to reschedule). If approved, they will enter the event into the Car Barn 427 Conference Room calendar with your meeting title and name, and they will invite you to the meeting so that you can see the reservation in your GU Calendar. If you decide you no longer need to use the room, or if you need to reschedule it, please contact Helen or Rick to change the reservation and make the original time/date available to others. Please make sure that your users keep the room clean, dispose of trash properly, and re-arrange the chairs when finished -- this will keep you in good standing for future reservation.