Car Barn – 101 Conference Room
Location: Car Barn, 101 (3520 Prospect Street, N.W.)
Hours: 9:15 a.m. – 4:45 p.m. Monday – Friday
(not available evenings, weekends, University holidays, and as available in the University Calendar)
Guidelines for Use of Car Barn 101 Conference Room
The Car Barn 101 Conference Room (Car Barn, Room 101, near the M Street entrance to the Car Barn), is available for use by University organizations, faculty and staff. A Georgetown University faculty or staff member must make the reservation for a student organization and the faculty or staff person making the reservation must be present at the event to ensure that all the policies for use are followed. The faculty / staff person is the responsible person for that event.
Car Barn 101 is kept locked when not in use. You may borrow the key to unlock it, as long as you lock back up when finished and return the key. The key can be obtained from Helen Ryan in Car Barn, Room 415 (Dean’s Office). In certain instances, a key may be checked out in advance for early morning access, or later hour lockup. The key must be returned promptly.
Check the Car Barn 101 Conference Room calendar for availability at the bottom of this webpage. You will not be able to request this room directly from this calendar, but you can see when it is available (or not). To reserve this room, send a request to Rick Pike (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Helen Ryan (email@example.com) as described below the calendar.
Hours for Use
The Graduate School Conference Room 101 is only available for use only from 9:15 a.m. until 4:45 p.m. Monday through Friday only (not available evenings, weekends, or University holidays), and as available in the University Calendar during these times. Car Barn 101 is intended as a conference and meeting room, and should not be scheduled as a recurring class meeting space.
Group Size and Seating
Car Barn 101 Conference Room is intended for groups smaller than 14 people (larger groups should reserve Car Barn 427 Conference Room). This conference room has a table that seats approximately 12 people in a I-shaped format, with several additional chairs along the the walls. The tables can be reconfigured slightly, but must be put back into the I-shaped configuration at the end of the meeting.
There are shades that can be lowered to darken the room somewhat for video presentations or more privacy. If your raise the shades during your meeting, you should lower them back at the end of your meeting. Keeping the shades lowered also helps to keep the temperature controlled.
Conference Room Amenities
Please note that Graduate School staff cannot provide any type of AV setup or support for users, and that CETS does not support this space. The equipment is provided as a courtesy to users of Car Barn 101 Conference Room. Users may come to the conference room when not in use to test their equipment in advance of their meeting.
- Strong University wi-fi signal
- Wired LAN port and LAN cable.
- 5-plug extension outlet that can be placed under the conference table (for powering electrical devices), as well as several wall power outlets along the perimeter of the room.
- 70″ digital screen that accepts HDMI or RGB cables (provided) to your laptop computer. It also supports wireless AppleTV for Mac devices with that software loaded. (Apple / Mac users need to bring their own adapter, as these are not provided).
- Room is equipped with a built-in Zoom-enabled camera, microphone bar, and sound speakers for use with your laptop with Zoom software downloaded.
- White board on the front wall, with eraser and black dry erase markers – users should bring their own dry erase color markers.
All users of the Car Barn 101 Conference Room must ensure that the following are done at the conclusion of their meeting:
- Place any trash into receptacles. If food items, place the trash cans outside the conference room for pickup.
- Wipe tables with the provided wet wipes to remove any food, spills, grease, or other substances.
- Return tables to the I-shaped configuration
- Return all AV equipment and cables neatly.
- Return all chairs around the I-shaped table, with a few stacked in the corners.
- Lower the shades to keep room dim and keep temperature under control.
- Report any problems with the room to Rick Pike or Helen Ryan.
Failure to cleanup or re-arrange the room after use will result in loss of future privileges.
To make a reservation for the room: To reserve Car Barn 101 Conference Room: check the calendar above to see what is available on and around the date you require. Then send an email to Rick Pike (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Helen Ryan (email@example.com) and let them know the date and times of your event, and your approximate number of attendees. Rick or Helen will then accept your invitation if we can approve the event reservation (if not, you will be contacted to reschedule). If approved, they will enter the event into the Car Barn 101 Conference Room calendar with your meeting title and name, and they will invite you to the meeting so that you can see the reservation in your personal GU Calendar. If you decide you no longer need to use the room, or if you need to reschedule it, please contact Helen or Rick to change the reservation and make the original time/date available to others.
Please make sure that your users keep the room clean, dispose of trash properly, and re-arrange the chairs when finished — this will keep you in good standing for future reservations, and have it available for the next users.